Home Buyer Prep
Deciding to buy a home can be an exciting moment! Whether it’s your first home or your sixth, you’ll have the best buying experience if you get all of your ducks in a row before you dive into tours. We know that exploring listings and walking through homes can be the most exciting part of home buying, but it can also be very stressful if you haven’t done your homework. The last thing you want is to discover your dream house and have it snatched from your grasp because your finances aren’t in order.
At Grand Rapids Home Values, we’ve been helping people find and buy their dream homes for more than a decade. We know how to prep right. The following are essential steps to take before buying any home.
- Figure out what you can afford. Optimally, your housing payment won’t consume much more than 30 percent of your gross monthly income.
- Check your credit score. It will impact your mortgage qualification.
- Save cash to make a down payment. It’s also a good idea to have cash to cover other expenses, such as closing costs.
- Collect pay stubs, W-2s, and bank statements. These are all forms you will need in order to apply for a mortgage.
- Shop for a great mortgage and apply. Once you’ve been approved, you’re armed with buying power and you can tour homes with confidence.
At Grand Rapids Home Values, we want you to approach every potential home with the surety that if you love it, you can make a move. Our experienced realtor team will give you the edge you need to have the most successful house hunt — an experience that ends with you holding the keys to your dream home! Learn more today.